None the less, it was a great birthday. After all, its the first time I ever got my name in lights on my birthday! No, really! Look!
Now, on to more important things...
Yesterday afternoon, while working in my office, I spent a little while just reflecting on my experiences of the past 26 years. Out of my wanderings of the mind I came up with a list of 26 lessons that I have learned.
For your enjoyment::
26 Things I have learned by age 26
1. I am not the center of the universe.
2. I don't deserve half the things I thought I did.
3. If you get in trouble at school, you're in trouble when you get home.
4. Telling lies only makes things worse.
5. Mom doesn't have to be a big woman to make a switch burn like the devil!
6. Parents say no a lot, but don't dare say it back!
7. If you deserve a lot of spankings, chances are you will get one you didn't (don't play the odds.)
8. When in doubt, don't do it.
9. Mom and dad are watching your back, even when you don't know it.
10. Jumping backwards on a wood burning stove after a bath is a very, very bad idea.
11. Eating junk food will make you fat, fat, fat!
12. At one time or another, we are all a small fish in a big pond.
13. Give your dad a hug and tell him you love him every chance you get.
14. Be careful where you aim your bb gun, escecially where a neighbor's bird feeder is concerned.
15. Don't break your mother's heart, watch what you say to her.
16. Sometimes there is a cop with a radar gun on that stretch of HW 107 at night.
17. I am not invencible.
18. The world is a lot bigger than High School
19. You can't go home again
20. Concerning home burglery, it can happen to you.
21. Mountain biking down a steep set of steps is not a good idea, excecially the 2nd time
22. Being married is a lot different than dating.
23. Always wait 24 hours before reacting, especially when you don't want to.
24. Plans change, be flexable.
25.You don't really understand the love of God until you have a kid. 26. Things are not always what they seem...
Funny thing is that a lot of these the number lines up with the year I learned the lesson.
Anyway, I am sure there are many more lessons to be learned this year.
Have a great weekend everyone!